Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Miss Lex

Oh, my Lexsi girl.  She's just getting too big and it's awesome and breaks my heart all at the same time.  I can hardly believe she's going to be 4 in just a few days.  HOW does time move so quickly???  Here are some things about Lex these days:

- She is really the best big sister.  She is always wanting to play with Pyper, and they adore each other.  She and Mia are also very best friends.  It's amazing.

- She has the best memory.  She remembers random things that I don't usually even remember until she reminds me of them!  She's just very smart.

- She is still not a great eater.  She has her things that she likes, and she likes enough different things that I'm not worried about her diet, but she definitely hates trying new things.  One night she chose to go to bed without dinner cause she didn't want to try a cheese quesadilla.  I hated so much that she went to bed without eating, but I hoped it would teach her to at least TRY new things.  She has done slightly better about it since then.

- She is a puzzle master.  Really.  

- She loves playing with Play-Doh

- She is the best helper.  The other day while I was making spaghetti, I called downstairs and asked her to go into the food storage room, find me spaghetti noodles, and bring them upstairs to me.  She did it and was so proud of herself!  I love that she loves to help!

- She is generally a good sleeper.  The past few nights have been weird and she's come up to my room and asked to snuggle me in the middle of the night, but that's definitely the exception rather than the rule.  Usually she goes to bed around 7pm and gets up between 7:30 and 8:00am.

- She is still pretty tiny.  She mostly wears 3T clothes, but usually wears 4T shirts so they're long enough.

- Lex started dance class in the fall and she is loving it!  It's been so good for her to spend time each week on her own so she has some independence from me, and it's great she gets to be social with other kids her age.  

Here are some recent pictures of my girl:

Helping me make bread and watching as it gets mixed up:

Lexsi's first mini-recital.  It was adorable!



She's just so beautiful!

Lex started Sunbeams in January!  It was a little bit of an adjustment the first few weeks, but she's doing great now!

Her second week in Primary, Lex gave a talk.  I know I shouldn't have taken a picture, but I couldn't resist.  I'm the Primary Chorister so I just had the perfect angle to capture the moment.  She's so tiny that even having 2 steps up to the podium, she still couldn't see over the top.  So DJ held her up and helped her give her talk.  I was incredibly proud of her!  She's generally very shy, so I was pleasantly surprised when she spoke right into the microphone for everyone!  I'm pretty sure I didn't successfully give a primary talk until I was like 7 because I was too shy.  So this sweet little 3-year-old blew me away!

 Whenever Pyper starts making noise after her naps, Lex exclaims, "I'll wake her up!!"  Then she runs into Pyper's room, turns on the light, and climbs in her crib to play with her.  Pyper loves it.

One day we were driving home from Provo and Lex said calmly, "Mom, I need a tissue."  You can imagine my shock when I looked in the rear view mirror and saw her like this!  I quickly pulled off the freeway and got her cleaned up.  In the end it wasn't anything serious-- she had just been picking her nose-- but since she didn't realize it was bleeding it just ran all over til she asked for help.

She's just the best.




0 comments:

Post a Comment