It's a little wild that a month has already passed since this little girl came into our lives! I can't imagine life without her. She hasn't hit any big milestones yet, so there's not too much to report.
- She's still nice and chubby-- but really only in her cheeks. Her legs and arms are spindly like the other girls' were.
- She's still wearing newborn clothes and diapers.
- Her head also must be smaller than the other girls', because the majority of our little headbands still don't fit her.
- She is getting better at sleeping at night. She usually sleeps between 3.5-4.5 hours for the first stretch of the night, and then goes another 2.5-3.5 before eating again. During the day she usually eats every 2-3 hours and generally sleeps when she's not eating. She's awake for between 3-4 hours a day I think. She's by FAR my sleepiest baby!
One month old:
Two months old:
Three months old:
At her 2-month well check, Miss Pyper weighed 11 pounds (65%) and was 23 inches tall (61%). She is by far my chubbiest baby, and I love it so much!
At three months old, here's what Pyper is up to:
- She is getting close to rolling from back to front, but hasn't gotten it yet.
- Her core strength is getting better, and she can sit in her Bumbo.
- She loves her jumper! She hasn't actually been able to jump yet but she pushes herself around in circles.
- She doesn't have a set schedule during the day, but usually is only awake for 1-2 hours at a time and then sleeps for 1-2 hours. She goes to bed between 7-8pm and sleeps til between 12-1am, then eats and goes back to sleep til around 5am, eats again and goes to sleep til between 8-9am.
- She loves to suck on her fists. She hasn't found a favorite finger or thumb, which I'm grateful for. But she does soothe herself with her fist.
- Her thighs are getting chubbier, and I'm obsessed!
- She is so so happy! She loves to smile and laugh.
- Pyper loves Pat-a-Cake and Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes.
- She loves Lexsi SO much! Whenever Lex is around, Pyper is cooing and smiling at her. She's a little afraid of Mia (for good reason). Mia loves Pyper so so much, she just isn't the most gentle person around. Ha!
- She isn't really a total mama's girl OR daddy's girl. She likes us both a whole lot. She obviously prefers me when she's tired, cause she wants to nurse. But generally she doesn't prefer one of us to the other.
- She's pretty spoiled because I hold her almost the whole day. She'll sit in her Bumbo, swing, bouncer or jumper, but she really likes to be held the best. And that's totally okay with me! I have 2 other tiny girls that need my attention too, but I don't want to miss this time with Pyper while she's an infant. I know how fast these girlies grow up and gain independence, so I'm happy to haul her around as long as she'll let me!
- Her hair is just getting long enough that it stands up straight when she gets out of a bath. It's looking like it'll turn brown,
- Her eyes are still blue. I'm convinced she'll have blue or hazel eyes. My mom thinks they're for sure turning brown. We shall see!
Lex and Pyper playing:
Lex made Pyper play dress up with her. Haha!
The big girls got bored and stickered Pyper up:
My sweet smiley girl:
With a huge apple!
Cutest smiley girl!