Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Miss Pyper-- One, Two, Three months!

I wrote a post about Pyper when she was a month old but never posted it... and life is crazy with 3 tinies and I never wrote about her when she was two months old and now she's already three months old!  So that's crazy... anyway, here's her 1-month post and now a 3-month post!

It's a little wild that a month has already passed since this little girl came into our lives!  I can't imagine life without her.  She hasn't hit any big milestones yet, so there's not too much to report. 

- She's still nice and chubby-- but really only in her cheeks.  Her legs and arms are spindly like the other girls' were.
- She's still wearing newborn clothes and diapers. 
- Her head also must be smaller than the other girls', because the majority of our little headbands still don't fit her. 
- She is getting better at sleeping at night.  She usually sleeps between 3.5-4.5 hours for the first stretch of the night, and then goes another 2.5-3.5 before eating again.  During the day she usually eats every 2-3 hours and generally sleeps when she's not eating.  She's awake for between 3-4 hours a day I think.  She's by FAR my sleepiest baby! 

One month old:

Two months old:

Three months old:

At her 2-month well check, Miss Pyper weighed 11 pounds (65%) and was 23 inches tall (61%).  She is by far my chubbiest baby, and I love it so much!

At three months old, here's what Pyper is up to:

- She is getting close to rolling from back to front, but hasn't gotten it yet.
- Her core strength is getting better, and she can sit in her Bumbo.
- She loves her jumper!  She hasn't actually been able to jump yet but she pushes herself around in circles.
- She doesn't have a set schedule during the day, but usually is only awake for 1-2 hours at a time and then sleeps for 1-2 hours.  She goes to bed between 7-8pm and sleeps til between 12-1am, then eats and goes back to sleep til around 5am, eats again and goes to sleep til between 8-9am.
- She loves to suck on her fists.  She hasn't found a favorite finger or thumb, which I'm grateful for.  But she does soothe herself with her fist.
- Her thighs are getting chubbier, and I'm obsessed!
- She is so so happy!  She loves to smile and laugh.
- Pyper loves Pat-a-Cake and Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes.
- She loves Lexsi SO much!  Whenever Lex is around, Pyper is cooing and smiling at her.  She's a little afraid of Mia (for good reason).  Mia loves Pyper so so much, she just isn't the most gentle person around.  Ha!
- She isn't really a total mama's girl OR daddy's girl.  She likes us both a whole lot.  She obviously prefers me when she's tired, cause she wants to nurse.  But generally she doesn't prefer one of us to the other.
- She's pretty spoiled because I hold her almost the whole day.  She'll sit in her Bumbo, swing, bouncer or jumper, but she really likes to be held the best.  And that's totally okay with me!  I have 2 other tiny girls that need my attention too, but I don't want to miss this time with Pyper while she's an infant.  I know how fast these girlies grow up and gain independence, so I'm happy to haul her around as long as she'll let me!
- Her hair is just getting long enough that it stands up straight when she gets out of a bath.  It's looking like it'll turn brown,
- Her eyes are still blue. I'm convinced she'll have blue or hazel eyes.  My mom thinks they're for sure turning brown.  We shall see!

Lex and Pyper playing:

Lex made Pyper play dress up with her.  Haha!

The big girls got bored and stickered Pyper up:

My sweet smiley girl:

With a huge apple!

Cutest smiley girl!

0 comments:

Post a Comment