Monday, March 30, 2015

March 9-21

On the evening of March 8th, DJ took the girls out to the trampoline while I stayed in for some rest after being sick all day.  They came in not too long later, with Lex crying her eyes out.  She had hurt her leg while jumping (she just landed weirdly, she wasn't doing anything wrong or crazy), and didn't want to walk on it.  On Monday the 9th, she continued to be in pain, and wouldn't put weight on it.  I made her a doctor appointment for that evening when DJ was home-- first, because we only have one car, and second because if she needed an x-ray I knew I wouldn't be able to stay in the room with her since I'm pregnant, so I wanted her to have her daddy there.  The doctor examined her and said it was most likely a tibia break, but referred her to an orthopedic doctor for the next day.  DJ took the day off of work because we didn't know when the appointment would be, and again he needed to be the one to take her.  She got in that afternoon and sure enough, she has a fractured tibia.  She chose a bright pink cast and she's so proud of it!  Every morning the first thing she says to me is, "Look, Mom!  I have a cast!"  It's a walking cast, which is nice.  It goes over her knee so she can't bend her left leg, but she seems to be doing just fine in it.  We haven't really talked much about how she broke her leg, because like I mentioned before, she wasn't doing anything wrong when she broke it, just jumping on the tramp as usual.  We don't want to freak her out and have her be afraid of jumping on the trampoline since it's one of her favorite things to do!

We gave a smock that we have Lex wear when she eats so she doesn't get food on her cast!

On March 12-14 we headed down to Saint George for a golf tournament with DJ.  He was driving a van with some girls from his team, and I took our girls in the car and came down separately.  I was worried about the long trip by myself with them, but they did such a good job!  They're the best little road trippers.  Unfortunately since Lex had just broken her leg, we weren't able to go swimming or play in the water at all while we were down in the beautiful weather.  I did my best to keep two toddlers busy and happy in a place I was unfamiliar with while I was flying solo (DJ was at tournaments every day), and I think I did a decent job.  We went to a children's museum one evening with my brother and his kids, and my girls loved that!  All in all it was an okay trip-- I'd love to go when I can take the girls to play in the water and have DJ with me so it feels more like a vacation!

The girlies at the golf course:

At the Temple Visitors' Center:

Saint George Temple:

At the children's museum:

Lex and Bekah at the museum:

Kaydee and Mia at the museum:

Mia was having a rough morning so I stripped her down and fed her leftover pizza... ha!

At the park:

Headed home:

March 15-- I sat down at the computer in the afternoon for my weekly date finding my family through Family Search and I found 63 new people to help complete temple work for!  I told my mom recently that I feel like my role in Family History right now is to be a "Finder."  I have found hundreds of people to help.  I've had to enlist help of lots of other people to get their temple work completed, because I simply can't keep up!  I'm so grateful I'm able to find so many people and help them receive saving ordinances!

Later that evening when I was preparing dinner, I turned on the oven to preheat and a few minutes later I noticed smoke coming out from under a burner on my stove.  So that was weird... I opened the oven door and realized there was a big white blob of something burning in there.  It suddenly occurred to me that the previous evening while I was unloading the car after getting home from Saint George, Lex had come up to me holding a serving tray from the cupboard and told me she was going to make cupcakes in my oven.  I absentmindedly told her that was fine and forgot all about it.  So naturally she left the tray in the cold oven, and when I turned it on the next night I melted the tray all over the place.  It was actually on fire, so I had to pour baking soda over it too.  I was so worried about how to clean it, but it was actually really easy.  I waited til the oven had cooled down some and the plastic was hardened but still pliable and it scraped right off the bottom of the oven.  DJ took the baking racks out to our fire pit and burned the plastic off them.  So all in all, not the worst thing that could have happened, but it made for an adventure to be sure!

March 17-- When DJ and I had been married about a year, our Bishop told us that we needed to decide when we wanted to serve a mission together and then write the date down and leave it a visible place.  That way we'd always see it and have the reminder of what we were working toward.  He also said it was important for our kids to see it so that they always knew that Mom and Dad were going to serve a mission, and when the time came they would be expecting it.  We talked about it and decided we want to serve in the summer of 2050.  We put that date on a little block which sat on our shelf for a while.  Once Lex was born I realized I really wanted to include her in the mission goal.  When we moved to Spanish Fork, I had a plan to make a "Missionary Wall"  with our names and dates of when we were able to serve missions, along with DJ's missionary plaque (which I still needed to have made) and a quote from Elder Holland's talk, "We Are All Enlisted."  I never got around to getting the wall decorated in Spanish Fork-- that tends to happen when you sell your house 7 months after building it.  Fast forward a few years, and I finally got the wall done today!  I love it SO MUCH!  I really want my girls to have a constant reminder in a prominent place of what they can do and who they can be.  If they grow up knowing exactly when they're able to serve a mission, that's a great goal for them to be working toward.  Lex is already SO determined to serve a mission, which is incredible to me!  I would love if all my girls served missions, but even if they choose not to that's completely okay with me (hi, I didn't serve a mission-- I understand it's not for everyone!).   As long as they're living their lives in a way that if they choose to go, they're ready and worthy to do so, I'll be a happy Mama!

We've been going to the park every day, and it's been awesome!  We usually go around lunch time and have a picnic lunch and the girls run around for over an hour.  It's perfect, cause then they're all tired out for a nice long nap in the afternoon!


Post a Comment