Monday, July 21, 2014

Bathroom Update

Before we moved into our house in May, we repainted the entire upstairs.  Between that and totally overhauling the kitchen, I was pretty burned out on projects!  Now that I've had a couple months to rest and recover, I'm ready to get working on my house again!  We painted everything a nice medium grey, so I pretty much have a blank canvas to work with!

As a starting point, just a reminder of what the bathroom looked like when we bought the house:

When we repainted, we left the wall with the door white, like the previous owners had.  I didn't want it to be too dark in there, and I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do with it.  

Well, today I decided:  Stripes!!!  So I penciled in the lines I wanted and taped them off:

Then applied the same grey paint that I used on the rest of the walls:

And voila!  Much cuter :)  

This was a super fast, super easy project!  All I had to buy was the painter's tape, and I only used a tiny bit of it!  I love cheap fixes that make a big difference!!!



Now I just need to update my sad counters and oak vanity!

0 comments:

Post a Comment