Thursday, February 20, 2014

4 Months Old!

My baby is getting too big too fast.  She is technically 4 1/2 months old already... stop the madness!

Some things about Mia:

- She has learned to roll from her tummy to her back.  She actually enjoys being on her tummy a lot, and has excellent neck strength.
- She is SO happy and smiley.  Other people may not believe this, cause she is so attached to me that a lot of times when other people hold her, she's a grump.  But with me, she's just about the happiest baby ever!
- She is starting to show interest in the food we eat.  I started feeding Lex rice cereal around 4 months, but I'm trying to hold off a little with Mia.  Mostly because I HATE teaching babies to eat.  It's my least favorite part of parenting so far--- weird?  Maybe.  But I hate how messy it is and how it's just easier to strip them down to their diapers before feeding them and you still have to bathe them afterward.  Ugh.  Not my fave.  I have, however, given her occasional tastes of food.  This morning I let her try my smoothie (all fruit and vegetables), and she loved it.
- She is getting better at grabbing things, and will hold toys for an extended period of time.
- She has discovered her feet, and loves them!
- She seriously loves being in nothing but a diaper.  She will love summer time, when I don't feel the need to bundle her so much!

Now let's talk about sleep for a minute.  I decided to move Mia into her crib in Lexsi's room, and it actually went pretty well.  There was once or twice that Lex would wake up when Mia cried at night, but it was rare.  After about a week, though, I decided to move Mia into her cradle in our "closet room" so I could see if I let her cry a little more at night if she'd go back to sleep without eating.  She's been there for a while, and that's not really happening.  At first I felt frustrated that she wasn't sleeping through the night, especially when compared to Lex, who slept through the night from 6 weeks old.  However, I know that all babies are different.  I can't expect Mia to be the same as Lex or anyone else.  And the thing is, when she wakes up at night, she's actually hungry!  She's not nursing just so she can go back to sleep.  I'm not going to make her cry and cry til she falls asleep hungry just so I can sleep more at night.  I'm a firm believer of nursing on command, and I've never been a "cry it out" mom.  So there it is.  I'm going to put Mia back in her room with Lexsi, and continue getting up every few hours with her as long as she needs it.  I know that it won't be long before she's bigger and doesn't need me as much.  For now, I'm going to enjoy the fact that I can comfort her and make everything okay with some snuggling and a little milk.

Something I never want to forget about my sweet Mia is how funny she is at night when she's going to sleep.  She'll be nursing and pull off every few minutes and look up at me with a grin on her face and start cooing at me.  I love it.  She's just so adorable, and totally has my heart!  Also, every time I run my finger on her cheek she smiles, and so I do it when she's nursing and she tries to keep eating while smiling and it makes me laugh every time.  I adore my baby girl!!!

Me and my baby love:

SO happy:

4 months old with her zebra:

Piggies!  (one is hiding!)

I LOVE these two!  They have so much fun together!

Rockin the Bumbo :)

Mia and her cousin Hailey, who is just 3.5 weeks younger than her:

Borrowing sister's princess maraca:

Sunny day walk:

Loving those toes!


0 comments:

Post a Comment