Thursday, February 20, 2014

Two Whole Years!

Somehow, somehow, my sweetheart has turned 2 years old.  I can hardly believe it.  My sweet Alexsi-- who I waited for for years, who made me sicker than I've ever been in my life while I was pregnant with her, who had a ridiculous birth story, who broke my tailbone, who has made me happier than I ever knew was possible-- is 2.

Lex is an absolute fireball.  She is a sass, and I love that about her!  She knows exactly what she wants, and has no problem telling you about it.  She is crazy smart-- her language abilities are impressive in both Spanish and English, and she understands both languages fluently.  She is starting to speak in sentences, and I love it! She can count to 14 in both English and Spanish (our house has 14 stairs, and she learned to count by walking up and down them with us).  I'm very impressed with her Spanish language skills, since DJ isn't home a whole lot, and he's the one who speaks Spanish to her.  She does watch movies in Spanish, so that's a big help.

Lexsi LOVES Disney Princesses!  She can sing just about any Disney Princess song to you (at least parts of it).  She has lots of princess dress-ups, and is almost always wearing one of them while she's awake.  When she gets a princess dress on and dances around, singing, "Dancing the prince!  Dancing the prince!"  She loves to pretend dance with a prince-- so girly!  For her birthday, we had a princess party and she got TONS of new princess toys, which is awesome!

She is still an awesome reader!  She'll go into her toy room and pull stacks of books out of the shelves and read for at least half an hour at a time.

Lex loves to sing!  Besides the princess songs, she loves to sing the songs she's learned in Nursery.  She especially loves the action songs.

As always, she is very independent.  She doesn't like to hold hands, and doesn't want help in general.  She chooses her clothes each day-- usually a princess shirt and leggings.  She also LOVES socks, and has a blast choosing out her socks for the day.

Lexsi is such a good helper!  She particularly loves to help me in the kitchen, which I love too!

She's such a good big sister, and spends lots of time playing with her "Mimi."  The older Mia gets, the more Lex loves her.  She brings her toys to play with, "feeds" her with her pretend food from her kitchen, and reads her stories.  They have such a sweet relationship, which makes me so so happy!

She is a relatively good eater.  Her favorite foods are spaghetti, pizza, peanut butter toast, smoothies, and cheetos.

My favorite phrases that Lex says are, "That's funny!"  "That's a great choice!"  and she'll ask herself if she wants to do something and then respond in the affirmative, for example:  "A Belle dress?  Yeah!  A Belle dress."

Lexsi is such an amazing little girl.  She keeps me laughing and smiling all day.  She has my heart.  I don't know what I'd do without my sweetheart!!!


My sweet girls:

Sorting through Disney movies:

Cheeto face!

"Playing" Mario Kart with dad:

Ready for church:

Running around... love that hair in motion!

Playing with Kate:

Playing with my mom's dog, who she calls her "puppy friend"

Me and my sweethearts:

Getting into my makeup, which she usually brushes into her hair:

She got a balloon and popcorn at Harmon's with her daddy, and was thrilled!

I was trying to get a picture of my new hair color, and Lex totally photo-bombed me by climbing on the toilet.  Haha!

"Cooking:"

Watching a princess video:

She loves wearing Daddy's hats:

Reading to Mimi (she's SUCH a good sister!):

We went on a date to see Frozen, and she loved it!

Helping me make cookies:

Sweet babies in Mia's bed:

One morning she climbed into a laundry basket and pretended to sleep:

With Kate and Cougar at her princess party:

Princess birthday cake:

My princess with her cake:


It's blurry, but she LOVED riding the carousel with Nikki!

0 comments:

Post a Comment