Saturday, March 2, 2013

My Big Girl


 Two weeks ago, my little girl turned a year old.  Honestly, that was the fastest year of my life!  It flew right by!  A couple weeks before her birthday, we had some pictures taken of her:






Could you just die from her cuteness?  Gah.  That girl.  

We had two birthday parties for her this year; one on Saturday and one on Sunday.  The Saturday party was for the Savage side, and we had a LOT of people there.  Debbie and Rod, Karen and Jon and their 4 kids, Michelle and Sam, David, Megan and Kennedy, Nikki, Keesha and Sean, and Jordan, Jill and Kate all came.  We played a couple games, had some snacks and just hung out together.  Lex got super spoiled, and was particularly in love with a baby doll from Debbie, Rod and Michelle that laughs and babbles and kicks her legs.  Here are some pictures from that day:

 I found her in her bedroom emptying her tissue box... typical:


Singing "Happy Birthday" at the party:



On Sunday we had a party with the Kaiser side, so we had Grammie and Tooge, plus Josh and Carly and their 4 kids.  We did pretty much the same thing as the previous day, but it was really fun cause we had a double birthday party with Sarah as well.  Lex and Sarah have back-to-back birthdays, and we were so happy that Sarah lives here now so we could celebrate with her!

Lex in Daddy's silly glasses:

DJ and Lex, Josh and Sarah:


So here are some updates on my sweetheart:

- She still isn't walking, and I don't know that she will be any time super soon.  She's a super fast crawler, and cruises the furniture, but doesn't show much interest for walking.  I always thought she'd be an early walker, but I've learned that kids are all different and I'm not going to push her to do it-- she'll do it when she's ready, and that's just fine!

- Her favorite foods are pizza, spaghetti, french fries, chips, rice cakes and yogurt drops.  She's OBSESSED with pop-- she'll come over and give you puppy dog eyes if you're drinking it.  She just knows what's in that can and she wants to have some!

- New words:  Hola (which often gets confused with "hi," and turns into "Hi-la!"-- so funny), doggy, puppy and baby.  Puppy and baby sound an awful lot a like, but they clearly mean different things.  Also, when she babbles to me it's usually things like "bub bub," and "ya ya,"  but when she babbles around Spanish speakers, it's "laka laka laka."  So, she really does get the difference between the languages, which is cool and super funny.

- She LOVES to play the piano!  She's discovered she can pull herself up on the piano bench and play the piano from a standing position, and she does it regularly.  She knows what the piano is, and can be doing something completely different, but when I say, "Will you play the piano for me?"  She goes right over and plays it.  I love it!

- Her new favorite song is the one with Tiny Tim eating the soap and getting bubbles in his throat... when I do the "bubble bubble bubble," part, she gets super excited and does the big "POP!" with me.

- Her favorite pastimes include emptying anything-- my drawers get emptied daily, as well as book shelves.

- Her daddy is still her favorite person, but she's gotten more attached to me as well.  After us, her favorite person is probably baby Kennedy-- she's just obsessed with babies!


And now just a few more pictures of my beautiful girl:


Can you even handle those big brown eyes?  She's far too pretty for her own good.

She's moved on from picture books to things like "Dear Dumb Diary,"  haha:

Playing the piano:

Still the craziest sleeper I know:

0 comments:

Post a Comment