Friday, October 12, 2012

Broken.

So, remember how I had a baby in February?  And remember how it was discovered that I have a crazy big tailbone?  Well, ever since then, but particularly the past couple of months, my tailbone has been hurting.  I kind of felt like a weenie to admit it, cause maybe it was just in my head, since I knew it was big or something?  Anyway, I mostly ignored it, but the pain became un-ignorable.  I kept complaining to DJ and he kept telling me to go to the doctor, and I kept making up excuses why I couldn't {the whole moving to a new city thing seemed like a pretty good excuse}, and the vicious cycle continued.  Finally, on Monday, I'd had enough.  So I called and scheduled an appointment {which I happened to schedule for the day I moved-- not sure what I was thinking there?} and went in to the doctor.  I explained the symptoms, and he told me it was cracked.  It most likely happened when I was trying for over an hour to push Lex out and her shoulders were getting stuck on my tailbone.  [You know how kids say "Don't step on a crack or you'll break your mother's back?"  Well, Lex can say that she really did break my back... errr... bum...]  He then felt around and pushed on it, and that made me realize my pain was DEFINITELY not faked.  I hadn't tried pushing on it before cause, hello?  Who just pushes around on their bum like that?  Anyway, he told me the best thing to do was to get a shot, and if that didn't fix it I'd have to see a surgeon.  I opted for the shot, which happened to go directly into my tailbone.  Ever get a shot to the bone before?  I don't recommend it.  Although, honestly, after giving birth, it didn't seem too awful.  The idea of it was worse than the actual shot.  It didn't feel great, but it certainly wasn't more painful than an epidural... or recovering from a c-section.  In the end, I realized I should have gone to the doctor months ago instead of living through it.  If the pain doesn't go away in a couple days, I'll go back for another shot.  If that doesn't work, I'll have to see a surgeon about having my "tail" removed.  Gross.  I'm banking on the shots being the answer!

2 comments:

  1. On the plus side, you can now play the "You've been a real pain in the butt since the day you were born" card if Lex gets out of line

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! Crossing my fingers that the shots do the trick too! Oh, the things we go through to bring children into the world....

    ReplyDelete