Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Real Adults

It's official; we're adults now.

We're buying a house!  It's a townhouse in Spanish Fork in the Somerset Village community.  It's right at the mouth of the canyon, so it's windy and awesome!  We originally looked into buying a townhouse there when Nikki was buying one, back in June.  Things didn't work out then, but we're so excited they're working out now!  It's a new construction, so we get to choose all the finishes, which I think is the only way to go!  It was so fun to choose my flooring, cabinets and counter tops!   I also decided to forgo the basic bathroom hardware the builder was going to put in, and bought my own instead.  I'm totally customizing my house, and my GOODNESS!  It's such a blast!  The house is scheduled to be done the end of September/beginning of October.  It will be SO nice to have our own place!  I'm particularly excited to see DJ more often, since right now he's commuting to Spanish Fork each day, and between school and football, he doesn't get home til 6:30 every night.  Once we live closer, Lex and I can come visit him during his prep periods, and he can come home for lunch with us.  It's going to be great!  Pictures will be coming as the house progresses, but for now, here's a floor plan!


We're leaving the basement unfinished for now, and plan on hiring Jordan to finish it for us sometime down the road.

Some things I'm particularly excited for:

- A garage
- My cabinets-- they're SO cute
- The laundry room won't just be a closet in my kitchen any more :)
- The third bedroom is going to be my craft room until we have another baby.  YAY!
- I'm going to live across the street from Nikki!!!  Not many people have it as good as me-- not only did I marry my best friend's brother so now we're sisters forever, we get to live like 40 paces from each other!  


Life is good!


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! Buying a house is such a huge accomplishment, one step closer to living the dream! :) Can't wait to see pictures of your new, beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete