Sunday, September 18, 2011

Weekend Madness

Yesterday, DJ's younger brother Sean got married.  The weekend was  a whirlwind of events, and I am exhausted.  Here's how it all went down:

Thursday:  Nikki, Keesha, Nick, DJ and I head for Lovell around 4:30 pm.  Five people in my car may seem like a lot, and it is.  DJ drove the whole way, Nick, Keesha and Nikki sat in the back, and I sat cross-legged in front the majority of the time because all the snacks and drinks were at my feet.  It was still fun, and we played some awesome games with my iPod.  We would go in a circle, decide on a theme, and put my iPod on shuffle.  For example: whichever song came up for you was your life theme song, or the song played at your funeral, or your break-up song, or your "fight-scene" song.  We had a blast with it!  We got home at about 12:30 and promptly went to bed.

Friday was by far the most relaxing day.  We got up and had crepe-suzies, then took showers after learning about "the magic button."  The thing is, Mom and Dad Savage really need a new water heater.  Sometimes it just shuts off, or something.  You just go down to it and push in the red button and it works again.  That works fine for their little family of four living at home, and Mom was convinced that it would work with the 12 of us that were there this weekend.  Sean was teasing her, reminding her she didn't have a tankless water heater.  I wasn't interested in a cold shower (I'll admit, I don't have confidence in the magic button), so I went down to Grandma's for my shower.  She told me I could use all the hot water I wanted, and she even started the shower for me!  Haha!  I seriously love her so much!  We started to get things ready for the Open House that night, and I was on potato-peeling duty.  Mom's peeler was not good and I asked Nikki to borrow one of her aunts and help me out.  She disappeared down to Annie's to get one and came back an hour later, when, conveniently, all the potatoes were peeled and all the other work that needed to be done at that time was completed as well. (Hahahaha love you, Nik!)  That night the Open House was great!  It was super relaxed and fun.  I got to talk to family I haven't seen in a while, and we just laughed and had a great time!

Friday morning I woke up at 5:30 am.  The problem is, I have really bad eczema on my legs that seems to only be getting worse with my pregnancy.  At home, I use tea tree conditioner on it and it works like a charm, but of course I didn't bring any with me.  So I woke up because my legs hurt and itched SO badly, and there was nothing I could do about it.  I didn't ever get back to sleep, and at 7 am DJ and I got up and got ready to go to the wedding.  We went to Worland with Sean, Jordan and Mat.  I was really sick that morning, and probably not very nice to be around.  I fixed Mom's hair for her (and I believe I've convinced her to save her monies for a Chi.  Totally worth it, I promise), and just hung out til everyone else showed up, closer to 10.  The wedding was great, Kristi looked beautiful and it was just exciting to be able to be there for such a special event!  We were in Worland all day just hanging out for the reception that night, and it was a pretty uneventful day.  The most exciting thing that happened to me was that while I was holding Kaitlyn, she spit up on me, and when it dried, it literally looked like a diagram of the female reproductive system on my dress, complete with ovaries, Fallopian tubes, uterus-- the works.   Every time I looked down at the stain the rest of the day, I laughed.  The combination of very little sleep a long day and those lovely pregnancy hormones did a number on me, and I cried SO much yesterday.

I cried at the wedding.
I nearly cried when I found out DJ had to eat at the head table and not by me.
I cried when we got home from Worland and I promptly threw up.
I cried because my legs itched.
I cried when the BYU game started and I was in Lovell instead of in the stands (ironically, I didn't cry at all about the horrendousness of the game).
I cried because I had a headache (ummm... hello?  Counter-productive).
I cried because DJ accidentally elbowed me in my aching head.

It was kind of a rough day.

Today we drove home.  The final 4 hours or so of the trip, I read a book to DJ and Keesha (and Nick and Nikki, when they weren't sleeping), and got a ridiculously sore throat. BUT-- it made the trip go faster.  I probably shouldn't have continued reading through Provo Canyon, because as soon as we pulled into my parents' driveway, I promptly projectile-vomited all over the concrete.  My sincerest apologies to Nick, Keesha, Nikki and DJ, who had to witness my grossness.  I feel bad about that.  Some things can't be controlled!

It was a good weekend, but it was a quick one, and I'm glad to be home on my couch relaxing :)


  1. It was a great weekend and I enjoyed having you home... can't wait for when you're here all the time :)

  2. I wish I was as great as you on being detailed on my family blog. I'm going to have to start adding some of your entries into my blog, lol :)