Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bar Stool Makeover

A few months ago I was looking into buying some more chairs for my table.  It's counter-height, so I actually needed bar stools.  I was having a hard time finding any I loved.  SO... I picked up two hideous bar stools on KSL for $5.  They were ugly yellow-y wood with maroon vinyl tops.  I forgot to take a "before" picture.  They've just been hanging out in my house cause they were too tall for the table.  Yesterday, DJ cut them down for me so you can actually sit on them at the table.  Today he painted them, a dark brown marbled with a light blue:


Notice that lovely maroon top.  Mmmmm.   Tonight my mom and I went to the fabric store and chose a fun, geometric fabric to re-cover those suckers.  It was seriously the easiest project ever!  I wanted to leave the vinyl underneath and make a removable, washable cover for the seats so they would be easy to clean.  All we did was cut out a circle about 4 inches bigger than the top of the seat, then zig-zag stitched over a ribbon around the outside edge.  Then we pulled the ribbon to gather the circle, popped it over the seat, tightened and tied it, and VOILA!  New bar stools!!!


Fun right?  And definitely worth that $5! (okay with the fabric the grand total was like $10 for 2 bar stools.  I'm thinkin that's a steal!!)


Thanks to my fabulous mother who is a wizard with projects like this.  As I told her earlier today, I'm not very good with circles.  And to my fantastic husband who is always up for fixing up crappy old furniture with me!  It was nice to have help!


0 comments:

Post a Comment