Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Genes and stuff.

Okay so I just made a Lily Pie pregnancy tracker for my blog... see it over there on the right hand side?  It makes me so happy :)  I just had to share... the funniest part when making it was when I was choosing which baby to put on it as the "ticker,"  my immediate reaction was to pick the very light-skinned, very blonde baby.  Then I remembered once again that my husband is very dark-olive skinned, and has black hair and dark brown eyes.  So, I changed my baby ticker to one that looks like him.  It made me a little huffy, because I really do want kids that look like me too!  But, let's be serious, he has the dominant genes!  I tease him a lot, cause I always swore I was going to marry a blonde man so we could keep the blonde gene alive (Aryan Race, anyone?  I'm sure that was precisely why Heavenly Father lead me to this dark man who is now my husband...).  I think about this all the time... who will our baby look like? DJ has the dominant genes, but maybe we'll get some of me in there :)  My brother married a beautiful olive-skinned, brown-haired, brown-eyed girl, and all their children are blondies.  So we'll see I guess!  oooooh man I'm too excited!!!

4 comments:

  1. Those Lovell peeps definitely have the dominant genes but Kyri got my blue eyes and Michael has brown haha so maybe you will get lucky! We are so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that! I'm hoping we get kids with dark skin like DJ and green eyes like me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm sure your little one is going to be a perfect combination of both your genes. he or she is going to be beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the olive skin, dark hair, dark eyes. My husband was a blondie as a little boy, a little darker hair as an adult, but blue eyes and fair skin. Our first baby was a red-head who's eyes settled on hazel. Then came a blond-haired, blue eyed girl who looks more like my sister than me. Baby 3 has had hair ranging from med. brown to blonde to a dark blonde and has blue eyes. Finally with baby #4 I got a baby who looked like me. Brown hair and brown eyes. #5 looks like me too, well, like my dad anyway. We knew from the very beginning we would get a hodge-podge of kids and were kind of happy when our predictions of a red-head in there turned out correct. You love them no matter what they look like and they will always be the most beautiful babies to you. :)

    ReplyDelete