Saturday, July 9, 2011

Days 26-30: Disney (and an explanation)

I'm not going to lie, I'm a little burned out from all these hairstyles.  SO... today I did 5 different hairstyles, and I'm just doing them all in this post!  haha!  Don't you judge me!  Since the "Tangled" hairstyle went over so well, I decided to take inspiration from other Disney characters for the remainder of my hairstyles.  First off, we have Jessie:

A simple braid in the back, and it allows this little lady to have lots of adventures without ruining her hair :)

I did a couple small braids in the front before I did the main braid:


And then I pulled everything back and did one fat braid down the back:


Super easy!  It took about 2 minutes.


Okay, next up, we have Tiana:


Her hairstyle is soooo simple!  Just pull your hair in a high bun:


And then pull pieces loose like so:


If you want it to be fancier, like Tiana's, just curl those loose strands.  This took about 2 minutes.

Now we've got Belle:


I started by pulling my hair half-up, and securing that top section into a big poofy bun.  Then I took small sections and bobby pinned each section up in the back:


That leaves all the long hair hanging out to one side:


Now just curl all that hair on the side, and you've got the Belle look!


And from the back:


The Belle style took about 7-8 minutes.

And now for my personal fave, Aurora:



Oooh, I always loved her long blonde locks that curled perfectly at the ends!

For this look, I left the top of my hair straight, and just curled the ends:


I started my curls at about my chin:


But if my hair was longer I would have just curled the bottom 3-4 inches and called it good :)

Last, but most definitely not least, my runner-up for favorite princess,  Cinderella:


Such a fun little up-do!  Pull your hair into a high pony and don't pull it all the way through:



Oh yeah, I also decided to give myself straight-across bangs.  haha!  To finish the look, just bobby pin the sides of your un-pulled-through pony down to secure it:


My sister and I used to do this to our Barbies.  We called it "The Peacock."  Who knew I'd use it on myself someday???


And there you go!  Pop in a headband and you're a dead ringer for good old Cindy herself!


I just want to say thanks for all the support you all have given me for this fun adventure of hairstyles!  It really has been a blast!  Oh, and I do have another giveaway to do, so stay posted for that.  It's a pretty awesome one, with multiple winners :)  Thanks guys!!!

2 comments:

  1. Cheater, cheater. ;) You wanna know something funny? When you said you and your Sister, I immediately thought Nikki...then when you said you guys were doing that to your barbies I was like ?????? I had to go back and read it (3 times before I realized you were talking about your biological sister...when you were little) bwahahahaha! Love the hair styles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Peacock gets resurrected?!?! I am loving it!! And now I just have one more thing to say to you: Icky wicky choo. Sonny lonny coca do. HA!

    ReplyDelete