Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 5: The Hair Bow

This has become one of my go-to hairstyles this summer.  It's up off my neck, but super cute.  Unfortunately, this morning was pretty rough and today was probably the worst rendition of this hairstyle I've ever done.  Sorry about that.

First, put your hair in a high pony--off to the side a little.  Don't pull the ponytail all the way through, and make sure you've got a little tail left over, like this:


Now, split the bun in half:


Grab that tail you left out, and bring it over the middle of the separation you just made, then bobby pin it in place (you know to make that bobby pin straddle by now) :


Now, take a couple bobby pins and anchor down the sides of the "bow" so they don't flap around all day.  And you're done!   Here's the back view:



And the side/front (can you tell I wasn't thrilled with my life or my hair this morning?  Ha!) :

This probably takes 2-3 minutes.  It really is usually cuter than this too.  This hairstyle isn't a one-size-fits all, though, unfortunately.  My length of hair is really good for it. at a few inches below my collar bones.  If it's too short, you won't be able to get it high enough to make it look cute and still have a big enough "tail" to create the bow.  If it's too long [Karen], then it would never work cause the bow would just flop down on the sides.  And be ridiculous.  But if your hair is between your collar bones and bra-strap, it will probably work just fine.  

P.S.  We still just need one more follower to reach our giveaway!  Keep sharing with your friends!  I really want to give you guys some cool stuff!


0 comments:

Post a Comment