- At her 9 month appointment, Pyper weighed 15lb 12 oz (15%), was 27.75 inches tall (55%) and her head circumference is 43.4cm (48%).
- She is still not mobile! She is perfectly content to sit and watch her sisters play. Lex in particular is very attentive to her and is constantly bringing her new things to play with and interacting with her while she sits in one spot, so she really hasn't had a need to move around! If she's on her stomach, she does a little wormy move where you can tell she's trying to learn how to scoot but she just hasn't quite gotten it yet. She also rolls around really well, and if she's on her tummy she spins around in circles a lot. I'm sure it won't be long until she's all over the place and into everything, and for now I'm just grateful I don't have to baby proof or put a gate on my stairs yet!
- She makes lots of babbling sounds-- Da, Ga, Ma, Buh, Wuh, Yah
- She tries to say "Woof!" whenever she sees Cosmo. She usually just yells, "Ah! Ah!" and then inserts a few "Wuh! Wuh!'s" in there as well. It's super cute.
- I feel like she's pretty equally a Mommy and Daddy's girl. She wants me a lot, especially when she's tired. But when DJ comes home, she gets incredibly excited, yells, flaps her arms around, etc. until he comes to pick her up!
- She is the best eater! She's moved on from baby food to table food, and she just loves everything. I haven't given her anything yet that she hates. She generally eats a 1/2 PB&J sandwich every day for lunch. I feel like I can't keep this girl fed! Her very favorite is chocolate-- if I ever give it to her she immediately starts saying, "MMMMM!!" Super cute.
- We've taught Pyper how to sign "more" in ASL. We tell her "Mas," and she puts her cute little chubby hands together. I love it. She's also learning "all done" in ASL. It's awesome.
- Pyper is kind of terrible at drinking out of sippy cups-- she can only do it when she's laying down. She just hasn't figured out how far she needs to hold it up and tip her head back while she's sitting up. But she's a champ of drinking out of straws, so I usually just give her water bottles.
- She is the most content, sweetest baby ever. She's so happy and easy going!
- In the past month she's gotten her top 2 front teeth, and now she's working on more.
- Her hair is definitely blonde, which thrills me to no end! She has very dark olive skin like the other girls (she's darker than Mia, more like Lex), and her eyes change daily. Some days they look brown, some days blue, green, grey, etc. I'm guessing she'll end up with hazel, or just be cool like me and have eyes that change color!
- She's still wearing 3-6 month clothes for the most part. She wears 6-9 month dresses so that they're long enough, but all her onesies, shorts and pants are 3-6. So even thought she's got super cute chubby cheeks and little rolls on her legs, she's still a pretty small girl!
Miss Pyper eating a PB&J:
8 months old with her giraffe:
First time eating Spaghetti, She loved it!
She's super obsessed with her swing. She'd stay in there all day if I let her!
Just the cutest little face!
What lunchtime every day looks like:
9 months old with her giraffe:
I love her tongue sticking out in this one!
Playing at the museum:
Playing a drum:
Drinking a milkshake: