Sunday, June 28, 2015

37 Weeks

Well, believe it or not, I'm only 2 WEEKS away from having this baby girl!  Everything has been going super well with this pregnancy, which I'm grateful for.  I've actually been pretty surprised with how unaffected I have been with the heat this summer.  I expected that having a baby in the middle of July would make for a miserable summer, but it really hasn't.  I think it's another one of those things that gets blown out of proportion just a little.  I mean, I'm blessed to have AC in my house, so I spend a good chunk of time indoors.  When I do go outside, yes it's hot, but when the temperature is in the 90's most days, EVERYONE is hot.  I don't think I'm the only one experiencing the heat.  So, I don't know... it hasn't seemed like a big deal to me.

I think the thing that has struck me most this pregnancy is how rude people can be!  I think it's mostly unintentional, but still... there's just never a reason to tell someone they look miserable or huge.  For example, last night I had an older lady ask me how long it was til I had this baby, so I responded that I was 2 weeks away.  She exclaimed, "Two weeks??  You don't look like you can be that far along!"  While I laughed and was in the middle of thanking her for her kind words, another older lady jumped in and declared, "Yes she does!  She looks miserable enough to be that far along!"  Now, I mostly just laughed it off and replied that I do feel that far along, but... really?!?  The thing is, I'm NOT miserable!  I don't feel miserable at all!  I feel pregnant, but I've never felt miserable about being pregnant.  I have uncomfortable moments, I get aches and pains and everything that comes with being pregnant.  I just don't understand why, when someone is pregnant, other people suddenly lose their filter and think it's acceptable to tell them they look like crap???  Or that they're looking huge?  Trust me, I know I'm big.  Really.  But I actually feel pretty great about my size.  I've gained 30 pounds this pregnancy, I'm eating  healthy, drinking lots of water, and I'm just pretty healthy in general.  I don't have high blood pressure or other medical concerns... I'm healthy.  I'm big cause I'm pregnant.  And I'm totally okay with that-- it's just unfortunate that other people don't seem to be!  I know I'm a little bigger than I was with my other pregnancies (mostly in my face and bum!), but hello?  This is my third baby in less than three and a half years.  I started bigger than I have other times.  And I still fit into all my maternity clothes that I bought when I was pregnant with Lex, so clearly I can't be THAT much bigger!  My belly is measuring normal to a little small, just like with the other girls.  So, yeah.  Just keep in mind that just because someone is pregnant doesn't give you the right to say rude things.  If you wouldn't say it to an overweight person, {"Hey, I noticed you're overweight, you must be miserable!} it's not acceptable to say it to a pregnant person either.  It's just one of those things, where I can joke about being fat all I want, but as soon as someone else tells me I am?  Unacceptable.  I don't know why, but there you have it.

On a lighter note, I just have to say that maxi dresses are my new best friend!  They are SO comfortable in the summer!  I found some on clearance a few weeks ago and ended up buying 5... cause who doesn't want to wear a maxi every day?  I think maxis are always cozy, but particularly when you're super pregnant and don't want to worry about how things fit or what to wear every day, you just throw on a dress and you're good to go!  It's the best.

I'm to the point in this pregnancy that my sleeping ability is awful.  At least every other night I wake up in the night and stay awake for several hours.  I'm incredibly grateful right now that my husband is a school teacher so he's home for the summer!  He has been getting up with the girls every day around 8, and I get to keep sleeping, usually til around 9 (but sometimes I sleep in a ridiculous amount, like til after 10).  It's such a blessing!  And the fact that he'll be home for 6 weeks after Pyper is born is just incredible. I love that he chose the career he did!

This coming Saturday is the 4th of July, and we have some of DJ's family coming up for it.  I'm super excited!  From that day until the following Sunday (the 12th), we'll be doing stuff with family, so really I have Monday-Friday this week to get everything ready to have this baby girl.  We'll be leaving our girls with my mom on Sunday the 12th, then coming back up to Brigham to have this little lady on the 13th.  It's coming so soon and we're getting so excited!



Here's my sweet Pyper girl at about 32 weeks:

  Me at 33 weeks, 5 days:

35 weeks:


37 weeks (today) in the same dress, cause I'm unintentionally cool like that:


Weight Gain:  30 pounds
Cravings:  Fresh produce and Sonic ice

0 comments:

Post a Comment