Wednesday, December 3, 2014

My Lex

My Lexsi is amazing.  She's just about the funniest person on the planet, and always keeps me on my toes!  I haven't blogged about her for a while, so I have about a million pictures to post!


I found her in the basement reading books in her fairy wings.  Totally just a typical day with her!

Playing at the park in Lovell:

She helped me make pizza at Mammie and Papi's house, and she is seriously a great helper!  She helped spread out the dough, sauce and cheese, and even laid all the pepperoni out with no help from me!



Snuggling Daddy:

Visiting the fire hall in Lovell:


We went to an Activity Days day camp and she was in heaven playing with those girls all day!  She fell asleep within 5 minutes of getting in the car.

We went to the county fair, and she loved seeing all the animals!

Lex and Kate at a wedding reception:

When I saw the picture above, I thought, "Holy moly!  She's a carbon copy of her dad!"  So I found a picture from when he was young and put them side by side.  He has a longer face, but their eyes are identical!

And THEN... I found a picture of Keesha (who is pretty much the female version of DJ), and my mind was a little bit blown.  I'm pretty sure Lex got 0% of my genes!

One day Lex and I were watching a movie and eating chips and pretty soon she took the entire can and went to town on them!

Just strolling down Main Street talking on her princess cell phone.  This girl...

She decided to brave the tall monkey bars at the park.  It scared me a little but I let her go for it!


One day someone left this gift on our porch-- the cutest skinny jeans and a Frozen sweatshirt.  Lex was in heaven!  We still don't know who it's from, but these are some of her favorite clothes.

 Eating a candy necklace in the car... and it looks like maybe she had been crying before that?  I don't know.  But this girl is a total sweet tooth, so you can always bribe her with candy!

One of Lexsi's jobs is unloading the dishwasher.  She stands on the counter and I hand her dishes to put away.  She loves it, and I love that it's teaching her to work!


Here she is on Temple Square-- she loves coming here so much and "seeing Jesus."

One day when I was getting ready Lex came in exclaiming, "Look at my hands!"  She had gotten into the food coloring and was so proud of herself!

Having a horsey ride on Mia-- cause she's crazy like that.

She's just adorable!

Lex went with me to a Stake primary activity at the Tabernacle, and the stake leaders gave her this little temple plaque.  She thinks it's awesome!  She loves the temple so much, and regularly tells me that the Brigham City Temple is "her" temple, and she's going to get married there.  I can't even explain how much I love that she already has that goal!

At a park in Logan!


Brushing teeth with Mia:

At the Bean Museum-- which she loves so much!

She potty trained one day.  She totally got it down!  She went on the toilet lots of times and it was awesome.  The next day she peed on the floor a bunch of times and not a single time in the toilet.  She didn't seem to care at all that she was having accidents.  Eventually that day she cried and said she wanted a diaper again.  I gave in, cause I didn't feel like pushing potty training would be helpful at this point.  Hopefully one of these days she'll want to it again (for real this time!)

Snuggling in Mama's bed-- one of her favorite things to do!

Typical Lex-- outside on the trampoline in a princess dress!

I turned around one day to see her like this and nearly died laughing.  If you've ever seen Multiplicity, you'll totally understand why!

I took Lex to Disney on Ice and she LOVED it!  You can't tell from the pictures, but that's just cause she was so entranced that she couldn't possibly look away.  I thought it was a little long, but she cried when it was over.  Hopefully we can go again!


One of my latest tricks-- putting small toys in egg cartons.  She loves to take them all out, line them up, then put each one back in its own section.  Simple pleasures!


Lexsi is an absolute joy!  Really, my life would be pretty lame with out my smart, sassy girl!  She's a great big sister, an awesome helper, and so so funny!  She's one of my best friends and I adore her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment