- Mia is SO active. She is in to pretty much everything. She is really fast at army crawling, and in the past few days has started to master crawling on her hands and knees. She can also pull herself to standing and cruise furniture. She is doing this several months earlier than Lexsi did, and I'm not really prepared for it! Since she's starting so young, she falls over a lot, and every time she falls she cries so hard, it just breaks her heart that she has bad balance. Ha!
- She is still a great eater! She eats pretty much everything we give her, and really loves watermelon and strawberries.
- Otter Pops are her favorite-- If she sees DJ get one out of the freezer, she gets so excited and crawls over to him so he'll share.
- She think Lexsi is the funniest person ever. Lex will roll her around on the floor and do all sorts of things that I think would be annoying and/or scary, but Mia just laughs. They are best friends for sure!
- She is a picky sleeper. We don't have central air right now, but we do have a window AC unit in the master bedroom. Mia won't sleep in her own room any more because it's hot. Lex doesn't seem to mind, but Mia has started sleeping in a Pack and Play in our room since it's much cooler there. I don't blame her for not being able to sleep in heat-- I totally can't either!
- She has been trying to get her top front left tooth for a long time now. It keeps coming down so we can see the whiteness and see her gums bulging, and then it recedes again. So frustrating.
- She says "Mama," regularly, but not always when I tell her to. She also says "Dada" sometimes, but not as often.
-She is such a climber! She climbs all over DJ and me. She also climbs stairs, if we let her. She hasn't learned to go down stairs yet, unfortunately.
- This morning, she stood up by herself for like 7-8 seconds. She has been sitting on a little rocking chair, and slid off the front of it to standing and stood alone until DJ came to get her.
- She often tries to "bear crawl," and it's hilarious to watch.
- If you let her hold your fingers, she'll totally walk wherever she wants to go.
- She is incredibly happy. She has the sweetest disposition, and I just love her!
Hailey and Mia at the park:
Lex and Mia at Kate's princess party:
The fam at Costa Vida:
Out for a walk:
"Helping" me with the laundry:
Staying cool in the summer heat:
These girls LOVE Otter Pops!
Mia stole bread right off my plate at my cousin's mission farewell and ate it up!
Mia got to try eating a spoonful of peanut butter. She loved it:
My early riser. I usually don't mind getting up with this sweet girl, though!
Happy girl eating watermelon:
Fourth of July outfits:
They love each other so so much!
Reading with Keesha:
Bear Lake day trip:
Mia fell asleep on the way up:
She did not mind one bit when her dad buried her in the mud!
Mia and Lex hanging out:
Both girls were way worn out and slept on the way home:
My 9-month-old sweetheart!!!