Monday, April 7, 2014

6 Months

Even though I just posted last week about Mia being 5 months old, she turned 6 months old today and I figure there's no reason to procrastinate just because I did last month!

First of all... WHOA!  How has half of a year passed already?  It seems so unreal to me!  I have this weird thing that I do... since Lex was born in February, I keep thinking that Mia is only as old as Lex was at this time of year.  It doesn't register to me that she's 6 months old, it seems like she should only be 3 months old.  Gah.  She's too big!

- Mia is SO ready to eat baby food.  If you're holding her on your lap while you eat, she follows the spoon to your mouth with every bite you take!  I need to make her some sweet potatoes like I did with Lex and see how she does.

- She has tried a few table foods, like the inside of french fries and small pieces of bread.  This weekend she also got to suck on an animal cracker (thanks, Nikki!) and some licorice (thanks, Mammie!), and one time my mom let her suck on a Cheeto.  She loves all the new foods we've let her try!

- She is not sitting alone yet.  I realized last week that she was almost 6 months old so that was something I should be helping her work on, and I have been.  She can balance herself if you let her hold on to one of your fingers with one hand.  She'll get there; I'm not worried.

- She still doesn't love to be on her tummy, and moves around rooms very well by turning side to side and arching her back to scoot around.

- She is suddenly sleeping much better!  She usually wakes up every 4-6 hours at night instead of every 2.  I'm very grateful!

- I realized one day that Mia falls asleep well in the car if music was playing.  That reminded me that I used to play Lexsi music when I put her down in her crib, so I decided to give it a whirl with Mia.  It's a miracle worker!!!  I lay her down when she's drowsy and turn on a CD of Mozart music (from Baby Einstein-- love that stuff!) and she goes right to sleep on her own!  Of course sometimes she's still fussy, but she does much better with the music on.

- Mia is tiny-- she still wears 0-3 month clothes!  The only 3-6 month things she wears are dresses, and that's just so they're long enough.

- She is so so sweet.  If you've met her, you know what I mean!  She will smile at anyone, coo and talk to anyone, and usually let anyone hold her!  The only exception is when she's hungry or tired-- then she only wants me, which is totally normal and understandable!

I love this girl.  She has such an amazing Spirit.  It's obvious that she is very special!  I don't know what I ever did to get the amazing little girls I have, but I'm so very grateful for them!

My babies on Opening Day!

Mia and Hailey (they are about 3 weeks apart):

Mia eyeing Daddy's burger at Red Robin:

I love her wild hair!

This face... really.  She's the cutest!

These girls love each other so much!


0 comments:

Post a Comment