Thursday, November 7, 2013

One Month

I'm kind of in shock.  An entire month has gone by since I first held my sweet Mia Mae.  How did it happen?  DJ tells me the older you get the faster time goes, but I am NOT OKAY with that!  I suppose the only thing I can do is enjoy every minute I have with my babies, and that's what I'm trying to do.

A little bit about Mia:

- She is the sleepiest.  She sleeps way more than Lex did (at least from what I remember).  It's really nice, cause I can spend more one-on-one time with Lexsi.

- She LOVES to eat.  She's still nursing great, and is chubbing right up.  She still wears newborn clothes so she can't really be THAT chubby, but she definitely seems bigger.

- For a while, she was having blowout diapers multiple times a day.  It was so awful.  Lex never had that issue.  Then I switched to Costco diapers (I was using Huggies newborn diapers cause Costco doesn't have the newborn size), and Ta-Daaaa!  She's only had one blowout since then.  Seriously, Costco diapers dominate!

- She is finding her voice, which is so stinkin adorable!  She makes the cutest cooing noises.  I love it.

- She is learning to smile.  So cute.

- She is extremely tolerant, particularly of Lexsi.  Lex loves to hold her, point out her eyes, nose and mouth (meaning she pokes Mia in the eyes, nose and mouth), and Mia takes it all really well.

- She had a cold for 2 weeks of this first month of her life, which was kind of awful.  But she's getting over it now, and was actually very nice while she was sick.  She wanted to be held a lot, but I won't complain about that!

- In general, she's a very happy girl.  The only time she cries is when she wants to eat and I don't get to her fast enough, or when we change her diaper cause she just wants to be bundled up.  She mostly just grunts when she's upset, which is pretty funny.

We all love our Mia so so much!  I can't imagine life without this little sweetheart!


And just for kicks... here are my two girls each at one month old... they look a lot alike!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment