Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wednesday Letter

My Dearest Lex,

Little girl, you just need to know how much I adore you.  Can you even begin to comprehend?  Probably not today, but I know you will someday.  Tonight I crept in to see you like I do multiple times each night, and my heart just filled up!  You're the most beautiful little girl I've ever seen, and you continue to find ways to delight me each day.  Your sweet little smile, your crazy hair, your silly faces, your adorable cooing sounds, your infectious laugh... you truly make me the happiest mama ever!  Sometimes, when you wake up in the night and I get up to feed you, I stay awake and rock you for an extra ten or fifteen minutes after you finish eating and are back asleep, just so I can cuddle you and look at your sweet face.  It's worth the missed sleep to spend time with you.  I know that I'm going to turn around and you'll be all grown up-- so I want to take the time now to hold you in my arms while I still can.  When I looked at you sleeping in your crib tonight, I thought to myself, "I have exactly what I've always wanted."  And Alexsi, I really do.  Of course I hope to have little brothers and sisters for you someday, but I can't even begin to tell you what an answer you are to my prayers, and for now, my life is perfectly sweet and complete.  I'll love you forever, my little Lou!

Love always,

Mom

0 comments:

Post a Comment