Saturday, October 1, 2011

Pregs

I realized that there are some things about my pregnancy that really ought to be recorded, both for myself and Alexsi.

First of all, uh, hello??  I never even said anything on here about our ultrasound!  I went in on September 12, and let me tell you, I was EXCITED!!!  Our tech was awesome, and she took about a million pictures before we got to find out the sex.  She pointed everything out, and I wasn't surprised that I could totally see everything she was saying until she took a picture of the spine and DJ said, "That's the first thing I can recognize!"  Haha it was pretty cool!  Alexsi kept putting her hand up to her face, and didn't want to move it.  The tech kept jiggling my stomach in the right spot, trying to get her to move it, and she would, but only for a second, then put it right back up.  I may have a thumb-sucker on my hands.  When it was time to find out if it was a boy or girl, she closed her legs tightly and did not want to open them.  The tech had me roll on my side, and then she finally opened her legs for about 2 seconds, then snapped them back together again.  We were laughing about how modest she is.  We got a good, clear picture, and weren't really surprised we were having a girl.  Ever since DJ's dream 2 years ago (which you can read about HERE), we were both pretty positive we would have a girl first.  It was so exciting (and humbling) to see that the dream was really being fulfilled.  We are finally getting our little girl that we know has wanted to come to us for so long!!!

Now, about the name.  We know it's unusual.  Most of the Alexy's you'll find in the world are Latin, and could be either men or women.  I've heard the name Alexy most in the MLB.  BUT-- seriously, how cute is it?  And yes, yes, I am well aware that I don't need to add the "s" in "Alexsi."  But come on, it's a WAAAAY cuter spelling that "Alexi," and looks so much more feminine!  Lots of people have already been calling her "Alexis" (hey, Mama Savage! ;]), and I do my best to correct them, but I'm well aware that it's something she'll deal with her whole life, and frankly I don't mind.  Ummm, hello?  Have you seen how my mom decided to spell my name?  And I wouldn't have it any other way!  I love the uniqueness of it.  And her middle name, Nicole, is obviously after my same sister and bestie, Nikki :)  We like the idea of giving all our kids family middle names, so they have someone awesome they're named after that they can look up to!

This little girl loves to move!  She usually sleeps in the morning and evening, but in the afternoon she's kinda wild.  I've felt her spinning around in there since about 14 weeks (remember I told you that?  It was totally real), but it's definitely gotten more noticeable now.  Yesterday I felt my first solid kicks, at exactly 21 weeks. While we were at the BYU game she was moving around some because of the noise, but I had been pretty quiet cause I was super tired.  Then, BYU was on defense and I started yelling, and suddenly there was a barrage of tiny fists or feet pummeling me from inside.  I started laughing my head off, cause she was obviously NOT happy with me!  Davey said she was just trying to make noise too, and DJ said she was mad cause I woke her up.  I'm going to go with the latter-- if this girl is anything like me, she will NOT be happy to be woken up!!!  Last night when I was laying in bed before going to sleep, she kicked me again, about 3 times in 20 seconds.  It was super cool!

Remember how people say the second trimester is the "Honeymoon Phase?"  That, my friends, is a fat lie.  I threw up nearly every day this week.  I've had people ask me if I really want to have a lot of kids and have them close together, with as sick as pregnancy seems to make me.  Honestly, being sick like this doesn't bother me.  I didn't sign up for this thinking it was going to be the easiest 9 months of my life!  I expected to be sick-- not for this long, but that really makes no difference.  The thing is, I understand what a blessing it is to even be pregnant, and have the opportunity to take everything that comes with it.  I'm sure it also helps that this is my first pregnancy, and I don't have anything else to compare it to.  All I'm saying is, being sick for 9 months is totally worth getting a baby!

 It's crazy how much you can adore this little person inside you before you even meet them!  But, my little Lexsi, I do adore you, and I've waited so long for you!  I can't wait to hold you and snuggle you and give you millions of kisses!  I love you, baby girl!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment