Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 2: Knotty, Knotty

I totally made this up as I went this morning!  Ha!  Okay, start with your hair down, and take large chunks in your hand from each side like this:



Then, tie that section in a knot:


Secure that knot with a bobby pin.  Now, I can't stress enough how important it is to use bobby pins correctly.  As my MIL can attest, I am obsessive about how you use bobby pins.  So here's a little tutorial:

Open the bobby pin with your finger:


Put it into your hair like this, going the same direction as your hair, not perpendicular, not flat across your head.  That rarely holds your hair like you want it to!


Push it all the way in, like so, and voila! Your hair will stay in place all day.  You'll be able to feel the difference, I promise.


Okay, so continue to grab chunks of hair and tie it in knots, securing the knots with bobby pins as you go.  The end result looks like this:


And from far away:


Don't worry if there's little sprigs of hair sticking up all over... it just adds to the character of the style :)  This one took me about 10 minutes this morning, since I was making it up as I went... Next time it will probably only take like 5.  I just want to remind you all... hairstyling is not a science, it's an art. Don't be afraid to try new things.  Don't be afraid you'll mess up.  You just might create something awesome from a "mistake."  Really, there's no wrong way to style hair.  Just have fun with it!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment