Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Summer Dress #2

Tonight I went for round 2 on my dress making extravaganza! Here's how it turned out:


Okay so here's how it went down: I used an old t-shirt that I rarely wear and cut it off at the smallest part of my waist. Then I sewed on the skirt (which was the material I bought yesterday). I made the yellow waist band to cover the area where the top and skirt meet just to make it look a little more clean. The band is actually... (are you ready for this?) sleeves off of a long-sleeved jersey knit T that I had and never wore. Boo yeah! Then I added the ruffle down the side of the top. That's probably my favorite part!


Total cost? $0.75. Domination.

4 comments:

  1. I don't even remember the URL of that one girl that did stuff like that, but I think you just dominated her! Your outfits are so CUTE! I think I may need to borrow you for a while, you need to teach me how to do awesome stuff like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks! Come visit me and we'll let DJ play with your boys while you and I sew!!!

    ReplyDelete