Friday, July 30, 2010

Random Updates

So, it's been over a month since I blogged, and some fun things have happened since then. In June, my big sister, Meg, went on a cruise with her hubby and left her two little boys with my parents here in Provo. DJ and I had a BLAST playing with those kids! We just love them!

In the beginning of July, DJ's family came to visit, which was great! We had so much fun hanging out with them. They were only here for a few days, but when they went back home they left DJ's 12-year-old sister, Savanna, with DJ and I for a week and a half. We had so much fun with her staying with us! She is such a sweetheart, and it was so great to have her around. DJ gave her a private basketball camp and helped her improve her already impressive skills. She was super helpful in the kitchen with me, and I had a blast doing her nails, hair, and choosing out clothes for her to wear :) I just love my Vanna!

Work has been soooo busy lately, and I've been working around 50 hours a week. Needless to say, I'm exhausted, but in this economy it's a good problem to have. I especially can't complain when I get my paycheck :) DJ has been amazing with helping me around the house and being completely understanding when I have my frequent come-aparts. He's learned that lack of sleep plus working extra hours means lots more tears in our house. Good thing I married such a compassionate guy who just holds me so I can let it all out :)

DJ bought me a new iPod touch, which I LOVE! My old iPod was from when I was about 18 and only had 4 gigs. I was constantly deleting music so I could add new stuff. It sure is nice to have and iPod with more space! I've got such a great husband!

When my mom and Meg ran the half marathon in June, they each got a coupon for an hour long full body massage for $25. Since Meg lives in Denver and my mom doesn't like people to touch her, DJ and I used the coupons. We got our massages on Wednesday, and it was so nice! It was great to just relax and let someone take care of you for an hour. We were grateful we got the benefit of Meg and mom's hard work :)


DJ and Jordan playing Mario Kart with their feet. I think DJ took first place out of everyone, even the computer players.... those crazy boys.....
Me, Nik, and Keesh having fun!

Meg's adorable boys at the Bean Museum at BYU. Ty loved all the animals!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment