Saturday, May 22, 2010

"I can do that!"

Here's the thing. I'm kind of obsessed with making things myself. I get an idea or see something in the store and think, "I can just make that!" And then I do. I can just hear my future children begging me to actually BUY them something instead of always making it. Here's my endeavors from this weekend:

First of all, I have to give a shout out to DJ for buying me this AWESOME computer for my birthday! He's such a sweetheart! I seriously love it!

He also bought me this "Skinit" for the top that even has my name on it :) Love him!
So, I wanted to get a little case for my new computer so that if I want to throw it in my purse (it's a mini, so it will fit) it won't get bashed around and dirty. I've looked online and in stores but haven't found anything I love. Naturally, I decided to make my own. I chose a cute cotton fabric for the outside and lined it with flannel to give it a little cushion. A little velcro and a few accent flowers later, I have a functional, adorable computer case!
This one I saw on Makeitandloveit.blogspot.com. I LOVE that site! This is a little garbage bag that hangs off of the headrest in my car. I HATE having scraps of garbage floating around in my car. In the cup holders, door pockets... gross. This is an easy, cute, practical fix. I got 1/3 yard of this cute cotton fabric 1/3 yard of boning and 1/2 yard of ribbon. This seriously took me less than 15 minutes from start to finish. The front is about 2 inches wider than the back so it can hold more trash, and the boning holds the bag open all the time. I can just bring it in and empty it when it gets full, and even if it gets something sticky on it (barring gum, which won't be spit directly in there) I can just throw it in the washer. It's cute and I love it! (I don't know how to rotate pictures though, so you get a sideways view :])
So I remembered I had this fabric that I bought about 2 years ago thinking it would be an adorable skirt. Unfortunately, it went undone until now. I couldn't get a good picture and it looks a little weird, but in real life this skirt is super super cute! I'm pretty proud of it because 1.) I've never made a skirt before, and 2.) I had no pattern whatsoever and just made it up as I went. It was an adventure and so much fun!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute stuff! I also adore make it and love it. I need to become a better seamstress so I can love what I make :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I found out you have a blog I can read! :)

    You're so crafty! I'm jealous! That skirt looks oober cute, I love the pink and white!

    Lots o' love,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete