Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Deets

So since I went public a little over a week ago with this second pregnancy, I should probably document it on my blog.  If you want the short story, it's this:  This pregnancy is a completely different than my last one.

And here's the long story:

On February 4th, it occurred to me that I was a day late for my period.  I didn't think much of it, cause I hadn't been tracking my cycle too closely so I didn't know how regular I was.  I had to take Cosmo up to the vet that day, cause she'd gotten into some burrs the day before and and we couldn't get them out.  I dropped Lex off at my mom's house, and while I was on my way back to the vet to pick up Cosmo I figured it wouldn't hurt to pick up a pregnancy test.  I stopped by Wal Mart and bought a 2-pack, then I was too anxious to wait so I went and took the test in the Wal Mart bathroom.  It immediately showed a plus sign, but I thought I was reading it wrong (I hadn't looked at the box yet, and it had been a long time since I took a pregnancy test).  When I realized I was pregnant, I just kind of stood there in shock and trying not to laugh.  Since I was already at Wal Mart, I bought a Captain America onesie and I put it in DJ's truck with my positive pregnancy test while he was at school.  He was pretty excited when he found out :)  The timing is pretty much perfect... I've always wanted my babies between 18 months and 2 years apart, and these two will be a little less than 20 months apart.

On February 16th, after a tough workout, I started bleeding.  I never even spotted with Lex, so I was positive I had miscarried.  I was bleeding quite a bit, but it happened to be a Saturday night and Monday was a holiday, so I knew I couldn't go to the doctor for several days.  I was certain it was a miscarriage, but for some reason I felt so calm about it.  I just knew that whatever happened, Heavenly Father was in control and I'd be fine.  The next morning we went to Kennedy's baby blessing, and while we were singing the opening song in Sacrament meeting (I Know That My Redeemer Lives), I had a little meltdown.  I tried to keep it together and not make a scene, but I couldn't stop crying.  It just made me so sad to think Lex wouldn't get her little brother or sister so quickly.  I know Nikki saw me crying, and maybe Jill, but I pulled it together pretty quickly and moved forward.  On Monday I started feeling really sick, and on Tuesday I called my doctor first thing in the morning to let them know what was going on.  They had me come in immediately and they did an ultrasound to see what was going on.  The baby was teeny tiny and 100% okay!  I was really relieved, needless to say! 

Two weeks later I went back to the doctor for my routine 8 week check up, and again everything was fine.  Two weeks after that, we told everyone I'm pregnant.  We were going to wait until this week when we were in Disneyland with my family, but last Sunday at church a lady came up to me and asked if I was having another baby.  I was like, "Ummmm... yes!"  It was super funny cause I hadn't told anyone else yet so I felt a little bad telling a random lady in my ward, but I couldn't lie to her!  So I told DJ we needed to tell our families that day.  I figured that if a Latina was asking me about it, white people were thinking it. (Just one of the many reasons I love my ward-- people aren't afraid to say what they think!!!)  We made Lexsi a onesie that said, "I have a secret," on the front and the back said, "I'm going to be a big sister!"  She wore it over to my parents' house for dinner and that's how we let them know.   We also sent a picture of her in the onesie to DJ's parents, and called the rest of his family.

This pregnancy has seriously been a breeze.  Like, I barely even feel pregnant!  I'm not sick (SO weird-- last time I was sick for like 30 weeks!!!), which may be the pregnancy, and may be that I'm on Zofran.  Either way, it's awesome.  Last time I wanted sugar All. The. Time.  and this time around all I want is fruit, which made me sick last time.  So I'm much better off-- I've actually been losing weight cause I'm eating so healthy!  I have heartburn like mad again-- looks like we have another baby with a head full of black hair on the way. The bad news is, I can't drink milk.  Last time I drank SO much milk and it helped with the heartburn, but this time it makes me so sick.  It's super weird, cause I can eat cheese, yogurt, ice cream... any other dairy but drinking milk.  So that's dumb.  My stomach has already popped out a little, thanks to my previously-stretched tummy muscles.  I'm okay with it, cause, well... that's life.  

All in all, this pregnancy rocks.  I'm so excited to have another tiny baby!  I think it's a girl, but we'll find out in about 7 weeks :)  

1 comment: