Saturday, May 12, 2012

Colorado Adventures

Last week, my mom, DJ, Lex and I embarked on a 6-day adventure to Colorado together.  I have to admit, I was nervous about taking a 9-hour car drive with an 11-week old baby.  I shouldn't have worried though, cause Lex was an angel!  She had one meltdown, but with DJ's comforting it didn't last too long.  She slept most of the way, and was just really fantastic!  When we arrived in Parker on Wednesday evening, we waited a couple hours for Zac to come, as he had left Utah a few hours after us.  He received his mission call that day, and brought it to Meggin's house to open with us.



He got called to Fresno, California, and will enter the MTC on July 18th!  We're so happy for him!  It was a little weird for me to have my little brother get a mission call.  I'm getting so old!

On Friday, DJ, Lex and I spent the day with the Savage fam, who had come into town to watch the Braves/Rockies game.  We spent the majority of the day shopping at an outlet mall, which was SO fun for me!  It's been a long time since I have gone clothes shopping and really enjoyed myself, considering the whole being fat and pregnant thing ;)  Lex had a great time being doted on by all her loving family!  The game was super fun, and went into extra innings!  Free baseball!!!  The Braves won, which was just the icing on the cake of a perfect day!
 Lex and Aunt Annie

 Lex and Papi
(I love the binky in his mouth!)

 Family pic at Coors Field

 Lexsi snoozing with Mammie

Saturday was probably my favorite day in Colorado.  That afternoon, DJ and I went and saw "Wicked!"  OH MY GOSH!   It was incredible!  I've been wanting to see it since my best friend Doug introduced me to the music of it when we were 17 years old.  I was SO happy that after 7 years of waiting, my wish to see it came true!  I'm having a hard time finding words to describe how awesome it is.  If you've been to it, you understand.  If you haven't... you NEED to go!!!

Since Saturday was Cinco de Mayo, we clearly had to have a fiesta that evening!  My cute nephews were so excited for it, and couldn't stop talking about the "Par-TAY" we were going to have!  After a delicious Cafe Rio-style dinner, we got our Fiesta on!!!

 Grammie in the sombrero

 Mac in the sombrero

 I pulled my hair up into a ponytail on the top of my head and dubbed it "Fiesta Hair."  I then insisted my mom and sister rock the look as well.  We looked pretty amazing!

 Mexican Hat Dance

 More Hat Dancing (check out Adam's moves!)

And one last one of Adam's sweet dance skills :)

We had such a blast being in Colorado!  On the way home we stopped in Mountain View to visit Michael, Chantelle and Kyrie.  My goodness, that girl is CUTE!!!  She was such a doll!  We didn't get to stay too long, but it was still nice to see them for a few minutes.  

All in all, I consider our trip a complete success!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment